Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Demand Studios Sucks, The WriterOfSpam also Fucks English up. She Should Follow The Batman Back to School.


Since Writer-of-Spam decided to hit below the belt, I'm giving her a taste of her own medicine.

1. "I just died a little inside. lol Seriously, they have clothing w/the logo? WTF?! Can you imagine someone asking you what the company does and explaining they make prosthetic balls that "feel real to the human touch"?!" -- WriterOfSpam

Sentences start with a capital letter. You never combine a question mark with an exclamation point. Also, you don't combine shorthand letters with actual words to form a compound word.

How you should've written this statement:

"I just died a little inside (LOL). Seriously, they have clothing with the logo? What the fuck! Can you imagine someone asking you what that company does? Could you imagine explaining to them that the company makes prosthetic balls that "feel real to the human touch"?

2. "I got this one too, didn't like the changes I made and replace my words with 'and,' 'to' & 'or' instead." -- WriterOfSpam

What the hell are you trying to say here? You've got multiple ideas jammed in one sentence. Based on the thread's context, you should've said:

"I got this CE too. He didn't like the changes I made. He replaced my words with 'and,' 'to,' and 'or' instead."

One more:

3. "Sent it back to me as a rewrite stating I had to make them less similar and then changed my returned rewrite anyway to include words search engines left out. Why the CE didn't do it themselves if they wanted to fuck it up, IDK. Douchery I'm guessing." -- WriterOfSpam

Who sent it back to you? You're also packing two different thoughts into one run-on sentence. There's also a numerical disagreement in your final run-on sentence.

Here's how you should've written that:

"The Content Editor sent it back to me as a rewrite. He said that I had to make them less similar. I completed the re-write and sent it back to him. He subsequently added keywords that the search engines left out. I don't know why the CE didn't do this himself if he wanted to fuck it up like that. I'm guessing douchery."

What's the moral of the story with pointing "The Batman" and "Writer of Spam's" writing errors out?

People aren't going to treat a blog post the same way they'll treat a written project for their client. They won't treat it the same way as a research paper. Even then, professional editors find and fix the best book author's writings.

Attacking someone's word writings, unprovoked by similar tactics, amounts to underhand tactics.

People aren't going to have perfect English on a message board. The stupidest thing a person could do, on these message boards, is to initiate a grammar police war.

Every single person that slammed my word usage, spelling, or grammar, was someone that also made similar errors. I always found their English and grammar errors, and shoved them in their faces and down their throats.

No comments: