Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Demand Studios Sucks Also Sucks, The Batman Shows That it Has Issues With my Persistence


[quote]Originally posted by "The Batman"
But, he's been doing it since 1867! [/quote]

Like everybody else, you missed the concept behind my pointing out that I've debated online since 2003.

You people are the same across every message board that I've debated on. Any protracted debate is about two things. One, posters attempt to change other people's minds. Two, posters keep debating until they have the last word.

I usually tell people that I don't intend to change their minds. I also tell them that I've never changed my position based on what the opposition has said. Anybody that replies to me after this point doesn't care if they're right, wrong, or if I change my position or not. They just care about getting the last word in.

I remind these people that I've debated online, ad infinitum, since 2003.

The smart posters would realize that they won't get the last word with me, regardless of their numeric advantage against me. The stupid, arrogant and foolish posters will continue to argue with me thinking that they'll get a different result... than those that I've debated with before.

In every instance, they did what the smart posters did before them... and what other posters did on other message boards. The main difference... it takes forever for the holdouts to make the right decision.

This is like someone that takes forever to "get it." If you've told someone, "That's what I've been trying to tell you," you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about.

All the reactions I'm getting, with regards to online debating longevity, are people reacting like frustrated children. These are the same people that want to out argue their opponents.

What do these people do when I refuse to give them the last word? Using sarcasms and ad-homonyms is one of their reactions. They'll do this in a futile attempt to "exhaust" me and make me go away. That tactic always fails.

Also, like clockwork, arrogant posters label my debate persistence, as well as my effective direct refutation, as "pompous," "self aggrandizing," etc.

So, all sarcasm aside, your response reflects a bruised ego. You're not someone that's "trolling" for a response.

No comments: