Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Keddrick Corday Thompson Requests IRR Memorandum Draft -- Part 3

Originally posted by Keddrick Corday Thompson:
Yes. Im aware
Not a full day to day but in a stanbdby capacity for rear
However uou think would be best
But I azked about TPU and I would more than likely lose my rank which I worked to hard to attain and lose
So IRR it is. However, I am willing and told them I could move to a unit within the Brigade that's not mobilizing 


With regards to not losing rank, and with your request to go into the IRR instead of TPU? That's going to work against your IRR request.


Originally posted by Keddrick Corday Thompson:
That I'd still be under the overall command and could transfer back in when return
Ok. So take it out 


You have to submit a packet to transfer from one unit to another, and then another packet to transfer back. The commanding officers are going to have to be willing to agree to the "short stay" on your part.


Originally posted by Keddrick Corday Thompson:
Yes aware 


The quickest way for you to get your transfer is to transfer to another TPU. Then, the arguments that you advanced would be applicable and would not work against you.


Originally posted by Keddrick Corday Thompson:
I just need it written up in great detail and assistance with the packet in full completion. The letters, documents I can handle
But I just don't want to transfer to another TPU and I lose my rank 

Based on what you've said above, I don't have the ammunition needed to generate a memo requesting a transfer into the IRR. One of the themes that would need to be addressed is why the IRR would be better than the TPU. Not wanting a rank reduction is not a cogent personal reason for transferring to the IRR. What I mentioned above will work against such approval.

NOTE: Later on, he mentions an obligation to remain at his unit for 12 months. This changed the parameters. He would've lost rank had he transferred into the IRR, Standby Reserve, or another TPU. His keeping his rank was predicated on his remaining with his unit at least 12 months. This period ends in February 2021. 

No comments: