Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Keddrick Corday Thompson Requests IRR Memorandum Draft -- Part 10

Originally posted by Keddrick Corday Thompson:
I'm well aware of the benefits of a deployment; however this is not a deployment...this is a CONUS MOBILIZATION. Taxed money like regular pay but not the increase and higher salary/pay/benefits of an actual OCUNUS DEPLOYMENT.
I'm sure this would get me promoted in addition to my skills etc and already high praise from the command team of my skillet and proactive nature of coordinating and assisting with the Virtual Drills.
However, Just not needed as I make way way more than going to Texas on a whim of a mission and making damn near 50% less of my annual salary
Plus, my duties as a Father at this critical time for my Son and family.
And my KEY ESSENTIAL employee status.
My obligation to 3-312 is to February 2021 yes...and that's when I said I could come back to the rear and leave the unit...that way I keep my rank and I would have mobilized for 3 months with 3-312... satisfying the requirements 

The end of the obligation means that you won't be penalized for transferring out of your unit. It doesn't mean that you could transfer to another unit simply because you reached that point. You won't be able to use it as a "get out of deployment free" card.

You'll more than likely remain on deployment for the duration of the deployment. Even after February 2021.

You're currently assigned to your unit, and you'll need orders transferring you out of your unit. I doubt that the Army is going to issue your orders to leave a mobilized unit... Especially to transfer you to a unit that's just doing one weekend a month.

This would put the added requirement to deploy another Soldier in your place. They won't spend the money, time, or resources doing this simply because you want to cut your deployment short.

Once you return from that deployment, then it's game on. You'd be able to request transfer to another TPU. By then, you guys would be in reset mode. They're much more likely, after your unit demobilizes, to support your transfer to another unit.

But only after you, and your unit, return from deployment.

NOTE: Keddrick Thompson, in his above comment, was putting himself and his interests above his military obligations. He made this "about him" and assumed that the Army would accommodate his desires. I explained his reality to him. My explanation was basic NCO common sense. 

No comments: