Sunday, March 04, 2012

Demand Studios Sucks Berg's Reading Abilities Doesn't Match her Doctorate Claims


[quote]Originally posted by berg
Hello there, Thebesig! How thoughtful of you to provide me with career advice. Lol, you are correct, they still call it Poly Sci.
You may be asking yourself, what brings me to this side of the forest on this fine evening. Well, my dear friend, I shall tell you.[/quote]

You've gone to three "good" schools, "have a doctorate," yet can't tell the difference between first and third persons? Knowing the difference would've let you know whether I was talking to you or not... and whether I was specifically giving you any advice or not:

"Advertising? Perhaps 'berg' could get in touch with a marketer or a publisher with a mailing list that spans the English speaking world. If she does well doing their 'inserts,' or other small writing project, she'll get a shot at earning over $1,500.00 writing a mailing package. If she writes something that beats their control letter, she's looking at earning more than that for a follow on assignment." -- WC

Since your "Ph.D" level of reading missed this, let me spell this out to you. That statement is in the same family as the rhetorical question. A rhetorical question isn't asked to get an answer, but to help make a point. That quoted statement works the same way. It's intended to make a point, while speaking about you in the third person.

That wasn't me telling you what you should do. That was me making a point, to counter your claims that business and advertising are "pussy majors." That wasn't me giving you career advice.

Also, an "insert" is a direct mail piece that you'd find in a magazine or newspaper. These are the cards and fliers that tend to fall to the floor when you're looking at a magazine. These cards are either subscription renewals, or new subscription requests. You mail these "inserts" to the publisher to start, or renew, your subscription.

When I said, "doing their inserts," I meant writing the material on those cards that'll motivate a person to send the card to the publisher. Publishers will see how you do on something small before trusting you with something big.

If you read that statement in context, you'd notice that this has everything to do with writing... and nothing to do with "stuffing" envelopes, as your "doctorate" level reading misinterpreted.

And no, I didn't ask myself why you responded. I saw notification that you posted to one of the blog entries. The initial impression I had was that you posted under your username, unlike the cowards that hide behind an anonymous name.

No comments: