Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Chris Kimball Gets Biblical Concepts Wrong - Part IV

Chris Kimball: I've seen it time and time again. People professing to be Christians. Taking scripture out of context and using it to defend un Christian acts. Lying and cheating and using Bible Verses to try and cover their actions. 

Judging by the arguments that you advance on this thread, and your reactions to my explanation of scripture, I highly doubt that you have read the Bible in its entirety. Or, if you had read it in its entirety, I highly doubt that you understood what you were reading.

Your actions are inconsistent with what is preached in Scripture.

There is a recurring theme, thread, that repeats itself throughout the Bible. That theme/concept, when followed into the New Testament, makes it easier to understand what the parables mean, and what the actions in the Bible actually mean. This theme/concept even runs through the Deuterocanonical Books... Books listed in the Catholic Bible but not in the Protestant one.

My explanations, during our argument, are consistent with this thread that runs throughout the Bible. None of what I explained above is "out of context", but rather, in the context of the message that keeps repeating itself from the beginning of Genesis until the end of Revelations.

You, with your insinuated "reading the Bible", have failed to explain your opinion that I "took the Bible out of context". Additionally, you failed to explain how others have taken the Bible out of context.

In fact, you have failed to address any of my arguments above. Your responses here are nothing but emotional defenses, emotional reactions, and emotional "rationalizations" of your position and of other people's actions.

These are defensive acts done by someone that is attempting to regain control in a situation where they have lost control in.

You have to prove that people are "lying and cheating" and "twisting Bible verses to cover their actions" before you could make those claims. Nowhere in our argument did you prove that. Nowhere on this thread have you demonstrated that I have done what you insinuated I've done.

Chris Kimball: I don't like fighting over religion or politics for that matter, 

If you don't like fighting over religion or politics, you would not have attacked President Trump as the antichrist. You most certainly wouldn't have responded to me.

However, by blocking me instead of having the integrity, honor, and character to receive my counter-response after you responded to me, your statement is self-serving... And false. The reality is that you don't want people to destroy your arguments. Especially if their argument leaves you without one.

Chris Kimball: but when it's trying to be pushed down my throat, I will defend both!! 

Calling President Trump "the antichrist" and referring to the rest of us that support him as "narrowminded" is you pushing your politics down our throats. Additionally, accepting blatant leftist propaganda against Trump as "Gospel", and pushing that, is you forcing your politics down my throat.

My "lengthy" replies to you is an example of my defending my politics against your attempt to shove your politics down my throat.

The reality is that what you are defending is an argument that your intellect is seeing is indefensible... But what your narcissism is seeing as "right" and that must be defended.

Chris Kimball: I will speak my mind like everyone else. 

And I will present a fact-based, reasoned, logical argument against someone's "speaking their mind" if it amounts to attacking President Trump and attacking Trump supporters based on erroneous assumptions. An attack against President Trump is an attack against a proxy for many of my arguments. An attack against a proxy for many of my arguments is an attack against me. Hence, I will "fight back". 

No comments: