Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Daniel Frick, member of a church, violates God's commandments regarding treatment of "outsiders"


In response to my question, to Patricia (Patti) Fox, Daniel Frick posted a gif image showing in actors' facial expression that expressed confusion and "WTF." He provided no commentary. 

A real Christian, abiding by God's laws, would have attempted to understand what I was saying, if to even help Patti understand my question. Throughout Scripture, the prophets, later Jesus and the apostles, called on people to extend equal treatment towards others regardless of their favorability, familiarity, etc.

During our lives, Jesus would not show up wearing the most impressive imperial garments, nor would he show up to people wearing the most impressive warrior armaments while leading an army of angels. Revelation paints an image of him doing this, but it is presented metaphorically.

Instead, Jesus would show up via an outsider, via someone in "humble" condition, as an outcast, as an outsider, as a "society reject," someone that is avoided, etc.

For example:

"Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of the least brothers of mine, you did for me." -- Matthew 25:40

To better draw out his intent, I responded to him right after I responded to Patricia Fox.

My response:

My post, statement and meme, were intended to test Patti's, and by extension your, understanding of scripture. Is that the kind of response I would expect from your congregation when asking a question related to God's intent, as well as show an image related to scripture? 

I've read the entire Bible, from the beginning of Genesis to the end of Revelation, more than once. I like to talk about Scripture and see where members of churches stand with their understanding of Scripture. After all, what use is going to church if there is a disconnect between action and God's word? How can one truly understand what God's intent for them is, for even throughout scripture, people were described as thinking that they were worshiping God, and doing his will, when in fact they were marching to the drumbeat of other deities?


So, I'm interested in your understanding of Scripture. In Luke 19:1-10, we have the story of a tax collector, Zacchaeus, who wanted to see Jesus. He climbed a sycamore tree to see Jesus, as he was short and couldn't see over the others. Jesus calls him down. Zacchaeus comes down, then declares that he would give to the poor, and that he would pay those he extorted 4 times what he took from them. 

What is your interpretation of this passage? 

The question marked the end of my response to him. How he would have responded to me would have demonstrated whether he was just "being a Christian" for social media and photo optics purposes, or if he was truly a Christian.

Patricia (Patti) Fox blocked me right after I responded to Frick and to her. I never saw what kind of response Daniel Frick gave, if he responded. 

No comments: