Sunday, December 28, 2014

Mac, "The Troops are Welfare Whores," Lies in a Debate he's Losing, he bans the Victor to Protect his Ego

Mac, "The The Troops are Welfare Whores": I am not engaging in straw man fallacies, 

Actually, you are engaging in straw man fallacies. You provided a link, in your first post, to a statement from Mark. You quoted Mark's asking that you guys address the causes of warfare. He provided you with examples of approaches that you could take. He tried to discourage you guys from attacking members of the military.

Your summary of the account?

That a "mall cop" was trying to tell you "civilians" that you guys were being "softheaded," or something to that effect.

The implication there is that the post that you linked to captured him criticizing you guys for not knowing the risks that he went through. When the readers read that post that you linked to, where you include his statements, that's not the impression that they get.

You advanced a strawman argument.

Mac, "The The Troops are Welfare Whores": Joe and you are banned for lying.

If you read the posts that I made, I proved my case that you advanced a strawman argument. I wouldn't have done that had I "lied."

There's only one liar between the two of us, and it isn't me.

You assumed that you weren't advancing a strawman argument, when in fact that's what you were doing. You assumed that I was advancing a strawman argument, when in fact I was countering the points made.

I wasn't countering points not related to what I was responding to... in an attempt to tie them to the actual argument. I countered the actual argument.

You failed to prove your point. You reacted by banning me instead of being man enough to "take what's coming".

Mac, The Troops are Welfare Whores: I fucking thanked you for being calm and articulate on this page and you come up with some bullshit like that?

First:

"It's for that reason us admins are careful of what language we use. You'll almost never see us curse, use the r-word for a slow person, etc. There's multiple pages devoted to monitoring and reporting us. I wish I was joking." -- "The troops are welfare whores"

Yup, alias Stephen "Mac" Duffy, you made a liar out of your admins, didn't you? :D

Second, I was consistently calm and articulate throughout that thread. That tone didn't change. What did change was your perception of my posts.

Your perception changed as the thread progressed, because you were getting more and more emotional. You were getting more emotional, because my arguments forced you to question your own stance. Your ego refused to acknowledge that fact.

Your blood kept on boiling when I forced you to see the fallacy of your stance.

You couldn't be man enough to even stand by your implied argument. You dismissed that as something that "you didn't originally believe." The more your blood boiled, the more my posts came across to you as something other than what they actually were.

What you consider as "bullshit" is me forcing you into a position to where you're questioning your own stance.

If you're going to sling factually challenged comments, be man enough to take the blistering fact check scrutiny. You could always avoid that by doing your research, by studying, and by arguing from the facts instead of from your emotions and feelings. 

No comments: